Carlos focuses his practice on civil and commercial matters, with special expertise on licensing and intellectual property litigation, trademarks and telecommunication law.
He joined Magliona Abogados’s team in 2013.
Ranked by (i) Best Lawyers 2020 in Entertainment Law and Media Law, (ii) The Legal 500 Latin America 2021 in TMT and (iii) IP Stars 2020 as Rising Star.
- Data Protection & Cybersecurity 2019, Chambers & Partners (link).
- Latin Lawyer’s Data Protection & Cybersecurity Reference 2019 (link)
- “Towards an open exception to copyright in Chile: A normative proposal in the light of fair uses”, Chilean Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 6, N° 1, 2017.
- Coauthor in LatinLawyer since 2017.
- “Catch Me If You Can: When the Law Cannot Reach Technology Innovation in Chile” en Paradigm (2019).
- Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas (2011)
- Postgraduate in Private Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez.
- Diploma Intellectual Property, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2016)
- International Professional Summer Program Understanding U.S. Intellectual Property Law, Stanford University (2019)
- HarvardX, Harvard Law School, along with the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society, CopyrightX (2020)
Spanish and English.