Carlos focuses his practice on intellectual and industrial property, specifically trademarks, patents, licenses and intellectual property lawsuits.
Ranked by (i) Best Lawyers 2021 in Entertainment Law and Media Law, (ii) The Legal 500 Latin America 2021 in TMT and (iii) IP Stars 2020 as Rising Star.
He joined Magliona Abogados’ team in 2013.
- Data Protection & Cybersecurity 2019, Chambers & Partners. (link).
- Latin Lawyer’s Data Protection & Cybersecurity Reference 2019.(link)
- “Towards an open exception to copyright in Chile: A normative proposal in the light of fair uses”, Chilean Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 6, N° 1, (2017).
- “Catch Me If You Can: When the Law Cannot Reach Technology Innovation in Chile”, Paradigm (2019).
- “Legal challenges of artificial intelligence in Chile”, Chilean Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 9, N° 2, (2020).
- Since 2019 he is an author in Chambers and Partners, for the Cybersecurity and Data Protection & Privacy guides, as well as in Lexology and Getting the Deal Through, specifically of the Chilean chapters for: Licensing, Data Protection and Privacy, Online Advertising, Electronic Contracts, Electronic Commerce and Intellectual Property.
- Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas (2011).
- Diploma on Intellectual Property, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2016).
- International Professional Summer Program Understanding U.S. Intellectual Property Law, Stanford University (2019).
- HarvardX, Harvard Law School, along with the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society, CopyrightX (2020).
Spanish and English.