Carlos focuses his practice on intellectual and industrial property, specifically trademarks, patents, licenses and intellectual property lawsuits.
Ranked by (i) Best Lawyers 2023 in Entertainment Law and Media Law, (ii) The Legal 500 Latin America 2023 in Intellectual Property (Rising Star), and Data Privacy and TMT and (iii) IP Stars 2022 as Rising Star.
He joined Magliona Abogados’ team in 2013.
- “Towards an open exception to copyright in Chile: A normative proposal in the light of fair uses”, Chilean Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 6, N° 1, (2017).
- “Catch Me If You Can: When the Law Cannot Reach Technology Innovation in Chile”, Paradigm (2019).
- “Legal challenges of artificial intelligence in Chile”, Chilean Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 9, N° 2, (2020).
- Since 2019 he is author of Chambers and Partners for the Cybersecurity and Data Protection & Privacy guides, as well as Lexology Getting the Deal Through, specifically of the Chile chapters 2022 for Licensing and Digital Business and 2023 Data Protection and Privacy 2024.
- Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas (2011).
- Diploma on Intellectual Property, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2016).
- International Professional Summer Program Understanding U.S. Intellectual Property Law, Stanford University (2019).
- HarvardX, Harvard Law School, along with the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society, CopyrightX (2020).
Spanish and English.